Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yaw-Haw! Build a ship.

I always loved the catfishisland and the ships in Windlebridge. So, I decided to build something like this in my neighbourhood. When I posted it in Plumb Bob Keep, I noticed people couldn't find a tutorial. So here it comes:


1) What you will need:
2)What you could like:
3.1) Start your lot
  • Start your Game and choose your neighbouhood.
  • Place a lot with the right dimensions. Please note: The road is included to the lot's dimensions. E.g. This lot is 2x2 according to the game, but with the street it's 2x3.

3.2) Prepare the lot for LotAdjuster
  • Give your lot a name. I chose "tutorial". Keep it in mind(!). 

  • Choose the future place of the lot. Count the distance till there. (I mean the steps, when the lot snaps to an invisible grid.) E.g. I had to move my lot 10 to the left and 3 backwards.  
  • Load the lot.
  • Make a change. It could be anything. I placed some stone on the floor.
  • Save and close your game.
3.3) LotAdjuster
  • Start the LotAdjuster. 
  • Choose the neighbourhood, where you placed the lot.
  • You get a list with all lots in the hood. Find your lot.  

  •  Click on "Advanced..." and you will get something like this:

  •  Click the checkmark "Move lot" and you will be able to do just that. E.g. In my case I clicked 10 times for left and 3 backwards, like I counted before.

  • Right under "Move lot" you will find an option to "Add an remove roads". I prefer to delete them, because if it stays, the neighbourhood-view, won't show, what's placed in the area of the road. 

  • Finish the Adjuster. If you did everything right, the lot will be changed.
  • Close the programm. 

3.4) Build your lot
  • Load your game and neighbourhood. Your lot will look something like this:

  •  When you load the lot you will notice, that you can build everything, just like in every normal lot. Remove the street and tiles with "moveobjects on". (without it you can't remove the tiles at the lotcorner)


  • Prepare the terrain. Please note: In this case I didn't use Inge Jones' Portal Revealer. That means the portals are invisible and you won't be able to use terraintools here. Use "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false" to change terrain there.

 

  • If you used the "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false"-cheat, make sure it's switched off, before you build a ship-like form. 

  •  Now build as much levels as you need to break the surface of the water. In my case there were two needed. (If you dosen't like the draught, you may change it with   "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false"-cheat.)  

 
  • Add tiles on the upper floor. Then remove the walls under water. The upper walls will seem to float in the water.


  • Build a new floor. This will be the deck.
  • Add more ship-like building-stuff. E.g. a railing, diverse levels on the ship, kaptain's chamber....


  • Place windows, doors, stairs, mailbox, trashcan and everything you like on your ship. (I placed also a portal on the ship in Lyraine. Visitors will appear on the ship and not on the ground of the sea.)

* Save and your finished. *


 Please Note: The lot can only moved with LotAdjuster.

4) Just imagine....
There are much, MUCH possibilities.
What about an under-water-temple...?
Or even a small village in water, like in Harry Potter and the goblet of fire?
Or a ship-hotel? Or a ship-dorm in a marine-university?
...

I'm still building in Lyraine and there will be many chances for LotAdjuster. I hope, you enjoyed. Build your neighbourhood some habitable ships and in-water-lots. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is very cool! And a good tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do your Sims travel from and to community lots? Do the vehicles work all right?

    ReplyDelete